Nature Camp provides a bunkbed and mattress for each camper. Campers should bring
- mattress cover
- sleeping bag or sheets and blanket
Campers should also bring sufficient personal items and clothing for two weeks, including
- toiletry articles
- flashlight or headlamp
- sweatshirt or jacket
- poncho or rain jacket
- bathing suit(s)
- at least 2 pairs of jeans or long pants
- one set of dress clothing for Closing Ceremony and chapel services
- at least 3 pairs of footwear: everyday shoes, boots or sturdy shoes for hiking, and water shoes
Please note that all footwear (including water shoes) must be completely closed at the toes and heel. Girls are permitted to wear sandals only for the final evening’s Closing Ceremony.
No laundry facilities are available for campers.
A water bottle and daypack are recommended for Sunday hikes.
Sunscreen with SPF of at least 15 is required for all campers at the swimming pool.
- field guides
- insect repellent
- musical instruments or other items for talent night
- notebook and pens or pencils for class projects and reports
- stationery and stamps
Toiletry items, insect repellent, disposable cameras, notebooks, paper, and writing utensils are available for purchase in the canteen.
Campers should not bring
- knives or any other weapons
- personal electronic devices, including cell phones, iPods, CD/DVD/mp3/tape players, radios, video games, laptop computers
Digital cameras are permitted.
Please note that storage space is limited; a large footlocker or trunk is usually the most convenient way to organize your belongings.
Although Nature Camp staff will make every effort to assist campers in maintaining their belongings, they are not responsible for personal items left or lost at camp. Do not bring expensive or irreplaceable items, and be certain that all items are clearly marked with the camper’s name.